Beginning of the Semester
Attendance certification is a requirement of the Department of Education for all higher education institutions providing federal financial aid funds to students.
- On or before the 12th day of classes, all instructors are required to certify attendance on the XROP (Class Roster) screen in the eConnect system.
- An instructor shall record a student as certified if:
- The student was actually present on the class certification date; or
- The student has attended class at least once prior to the class certification date.
- The student has communicated with the instructor (email, telephone, office visit) about the course.
- Class certification dates are displayed on the XROP screen in eConnect.
- You will receive instructions on how to certify the attendance of student during the second week of classes.