Student Travel & Professional Development Fund
The Joe Cortina Travel, Exposition, and Meeting Management Student Travel and Professional Development Fund was established in honor of Dr. Joe Cortina, Richland Reading Professor who is a long-time supporter of the TEMM program. Students enrolled in the Travel, Exposition and Meeting Management Program may apply for up to $200 each year to support the following:
- Student membership fees to industry organizations
- Registration fees for conferences and seminars
- Transportation expenses to conferences and seminars
- Admission fees for expositions, conventions, and events
- Expenses related to familiarization trips
The goal of the fund is to encourage students enrolled in the TEMM Program to supplement their classroom experiences by participating in professional organizations, conferences, and other industry-related events. This fund may NOT be used for:
- Payment of tuition
- Purchase of textbooks or other instructional materials
- Class field trips
- Awards (trophies or plaques)
- Gifts (prizes or graduation-related expenses)
- Administrative costs (duplicating, office supplies)
Application Instructions and Requirements
This Fund is available only to RLC TEMM students. Applications may be submitted throughout the year.
- Submit completed application to either the School of Learning Enrichment and Academic Development, Crockett Hall, Room C243 or to TEMM Program Coordinator, M.T. Hickman, Room WH230.
- Applications to attend conferences, seminars, expositions, conventions and familiarization trips must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the event.
- Applications for student memberships to industry organizations must be submitted and approved prior to full participation at organization meetings or events.
- This fund is available only to TEMM Students.
- Multiple applications may be submitted.