The TEMM Experience
|Faculty Advisor: M.T. Hickman |
The TEMM provides members with extracurricular opportunities that enhance the TEMM Program, through competition, leadership, hands-on experience, and networking.
Visit our TEMM Travel Club Facebook Page.
Now that you have entered the Travel, Exposition, and Meeting Management (hence the TEMM club) program the options are open for you to explore. As you have probably already noticed there are many choices in this industry. You can enter the trade show world, work for a destination management company, or become a meetings and events planner. The options are, quite simply, open for you to choose from. What you need, is the determination and drive to succeed. The TEMM club Experience club and the travel, exposition, and meetings management program will give you the "know how." All these put together, helps us do what we all want to do… HAVE FUN AT WORK!!!
Goals of TEMM Experience:
- To bring Richland College Travel, Exposition and Meeting Management program students together for the purpose of establishing ties of friendship and long-term professional relationships.
- To foster and encourage a sense of pride and professionalism in future travel industry stuff and management.
- To broaden the learning experience of travel management program students by providing a variety of activities that will give members opportunity to learn about many and variety facets of Travel and Tourism industry.
- To engage in activities which are supportive of the Travel and Tourism Management Program at Richland College.
- To keep members abreast of scholarship opportunities which may arise from time to time throughout the academic year
There is a $20 per year membership fee.
- Fam trips — short, activity-packed destination excursions
- TEMM Scholarship Luncheon and Silent Auction Spring Raffle is the TEMM Experience signature fundraisers
- Social events — banquets, parties, dinners
- Volunteer staff for meetings, conventions, "special events"
- Access to fun, club-funded activities
- Student Membership to the International Association of Exhibitions and Events http://www.iaee.com/
- Network with peers on the same career path
- Get support from peers with similar interests
- Meet industry professionals
- Establish lasting friendships
- Develop social and professional skills to be used in the workplace
If you want to learn more about the exciting Travel and Tourism, Exposition and Meeting Management industry, meet industry professionals and students and have fun and productive extracurricular activity come and join us!!! 972-238-6097 or email@example.com