In support of Richland College’s mission, the STEM Advising’s purpose is to foster relationships with Richland students. STEM advisors provide academic support and guidance to empower students to achieve educational and career goals to become successful in our ever growing and changing world.
Students we serve:
- Students transferring to senior institutions to pursue their bachelor’s degrees in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) degrees.
- Students pursuing a Technology degree, via an AAS or certificates, who are seeking to enter the workforce.
Services we provide:
- Degree planning and class selection of the core curriculum and other courses that will prepare the student to be successful in the workforce and/or transfer to senior institutions
- File a degree plan and guidance on how to change the program of study on eConnect
- Registration of classes, fee receipt, payment plan options, add/drop
- Claiming AP (advanced placement) credit
- General information on College Level Examination Program (CLEP) testing
- Provide scholarship information and guidance on application instructions
- Guidance and general information on how to apply for graduation
- Tutoring in STEM fields
- Host annual BAAS Transfer Fair
- Host on campus job fairs, expositions
- Communicate monthly with students about opportunities to attend job fairs and meet with employers
Location: STEM Resource Center – Wichita Hall Room W159
Office hours: M-TH 8am-7pm, F 8am-5pm. Other times available by appointment.