Forms and Guidelines

Maintenance Work Orders

Regular maintenance work orders (including but not limited to comfort calls, lights burned out or flickering, custodial services) should be entered by the department’s designated requester into the AIMS on-line work order system. Emergencies can be called in to the Work Order Center at 972/238-6170* (or ext. 6170 from an internal phone line), and then entered into AIMS. Work orders by email are not accepted.

*The Work Order Center phone is answered during the following hours:

  • Monday through Thursday: 6:45 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
  • Friday: hours: 6:45 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
  • Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Work Requests (Get the Form)

Requests that require approval (including but not limited to door core changes, items to be hung on walls, office moves, signage requests) must be submitted on a Facility Work Request form with the appropriate division signatures.

Event Set-Up Requests (Get the Form)

Requests for set-ups must be submitted on a Facility Work Request form and received in the Facilities Office (P131) no later than 24 hours in advance of the set up. Requests will not be processed without the room confirmation attached. If you’re sending the form through inter-campus mail, please allow enough time to reach our office by the deadline. We can also accept the form in person or by fax (972/238-3796).

Signage Requests (Get the Form)

Requests for signage must be submitted on a Signage Request form. Please include: Name, Title and Division. Abbreviate as needed to fit in the provided spaces. Signs are cut on Tuesdays and Thursdays

Key/Card Access Requests (Get the Form)

Requests for keys and/or access cards must be submitted on a Key/Card Access Request form with appropriate signatures, in accordance with the Operational Memorandum #CG-801 for Control and Issuance of Keys and Card Access System (CAS) Cards. Keys are cut on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

All facility work requests, signage forms, key requests and work orders called in will be given a work order number and processed to the appropriate department in Facilities.