Whom should I contact for the tuition and fee exemption letter?

Contact your PAL (Preparation for Adult Living) caseworker or the PAL supervisor, Rebecca L. Daniel, by phone at 817-25‚Äč5-2311; by email at Rebecca.Daniel@dfps.state.tx.us; or by mail, 951 W. Pipeline Road, Ste. 310, Hurst, TX 76053.

I grew up in the foster care system, but then I was adopted. Do I still have the benefits?

If you were adopted from foster care or were eligible for adoption at age 14 or older, you may also be eligible for the exemption. Learn more.

Can I get free tuition if I was a ward of another state?

No. You are not eligible for the Texas college tuition and fee exemption if you were in the conservatorship of another state.

People told me to apply for FAFSA. What is that?

FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You need to fill out the application and submit it every year to be eligible for federal financial aid. Take a look at our FAFSA overview. Then, to get started filling out a FAFSA online, go to www.fafsa.gov.

I have questions about financial aid. Whom should I talk to?

Start with our Financial Aid office. You can also look into Financial Aid FAQs, which provide answers to many questions. Be sure to read our
general overview of financial aid.