Are scholarships available students admitted to the Honors Academy?
Yes, the Honors Academy offers partial scholarships. The Honors Academy scholarship is merit-based and will provide $500.00 per semester to the scholarship recipients.
How many scholarships will be awarded each academic year?
- 2017-2018 Academic Year – up to 16 scholarships will be awarded
- 2018-2019 Academic Year—up to 12 scholarships will be awarded
What is the eligibility criteria for applying for a scholarship?
- Must be a DCCCD student
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.5
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours for period of award
- Must be enrolled in a minimum 3 credit hour honors course at Richland College for period of award
- Must include one recommendation letter from a Richland College Honors professor. (Contact the RLC Honors Program for a list of Honors professors at 972-238-6938 or RLCHonors@dcccd.edu)
- Must answer the supplemental questions –
What is your major along with what current activities are you involved in?
What are your college and career goals?
What is the Application Process?
Students must have completed both the online Richland Honors Academy Admissions Application (for students who are new to the program), and the online DCCCD Foundation Scholarship applications (for both new and returning students): Richland College Honors Scholarship and the Joe Stanco Memorial Scholarship. Scholarship applications are accepted online for the fall 2017 scholarships until Wednesday, August 15, 2017 at midnight.
Scholarship application requirements are as follows:
- be a member of the Honors program at Richland College (New students are also welcome to apply to the program.);
- complete the scholarship application form;
- be approved by the Honors Council at Richland College
- take at least one Richland Honors course in the fall of 2017;
- take a full course load of at least 12 hours in the DCCCD in the fall of 2017
- be in good standing in the Honors Academy with at least a 3.5 grade point average for returning students (New students are also welcome to apply.);
- not have won the Honors scholarship in the spring of 2017.
For additional information, contact RLCHonors@dcccd.edu.