Online Learning and SACSCOC
Richland College, an individually accredited college of the Dallas County Community College District has demonstrated compliance with the Principles of Accreditation as prescribed by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Guidelines in the application of the Principles of Accreditation to Online Learning are derived from the SACSCOC Distance and Correspondence Education Policy Statement. Richland College provides written documentation pertaining to Online Learning processes in compliance with Federal Requirement 4.8:
An institution that offers online or correspondence education documents each of the following:
- 4.8.1: demonstrates that the student who registers in a online or correspondence
education course or program is the same student who participates in and completes the course or program and receives the credit by verifying the identity of a student who participates in class or coursework by using, at the option of the institution, methods such as (a) a secure login and pass code, (b) proctored examinations, or (c) new or other technologies and practices that are effective in verifying student identification.
- Richland College Statement of DL Student Identity
- 4.8.2: has a written procedure for protecting the privacy of students enrolled in online and correspondence education courses or programs.
- Richland College Statement of DL Student Privacy
- 4.8.3: has a written procedure distributed at the time of registration or enrollment that notifies students of any projected additional student charges associated with verification of student identity.
- Richland College has no additional charges associated with verifying student identity.