The College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP) gives you the opportunity to receive college credit for what you already know by earning qualifying scores on any of 34 examinations. Earn credit for knowledge you’ve acquired through independent study, prior course work, on-the-job training, professional development, cultural pursuits, or internships. (The Richland College Test Center does not administer the College Composition or the College Composition Modular exams*)
Please check with the credit granting institution/college/university to make sure that CLEP credit is accepted for your subject. (CLEP credit accepted by Richland College.)
Two Tuesdays per month with check in at 1:45. Check on the home page for the Test Schedule dates.
CLEP is not available during peak periods. January, May, August and December.
Medina Hall, M-105, Testing Center
To be completed in advance:
- NEW: CLEP exam fees must be paid in advance (step #3)- here
- Check with the Test Center to determine if a seat is available on the test date of your choice.
- A $25.00 service fee must be paid at the Richland College Cashier’s Office and 2 paid fee receipts will be issued. This fee receipt is good only for the day scheduled and is non-refundable.
- After paying both the CLEP fee and the service fee, turn in the following materials to the Test Center no later than 3:00 p.m. on the Friday prior to the test day:
- Pre-paid CLEP Voucher from step #1. (Valid for 6 months)
- Both paid fee receipts received from the Richland College Cashier’s Office.
- The completed Richland College CLEP Registration Application- HERE
Each CLEP test costs $105.00 ($80.00/test fee + $25.00/service fee)
Cash accepted for Service Fee only
On Examination Day
- Arrive on time. Plan to arrive in advance of your exam appointment time. You will not be admitted after the testing session has begun.
- Make sure you bring any registration forms or printouts required by the test center (some test centers require the registration form provided at the back of this booklet).
- You must also bring two forms of identification. The primary form must be a government-issued photo ID with signature, such as a passport, state-issued driver’s license, state-issued ID card, tribal ID, naturalization card or certificate of citizenship.
The secondary form of ID must have a photo or signature, such as a student ID or credit card. (No employee ID’s or Social Security cards accepted.)
- Home-schoolers, if you do not have the required government-issued ID, please complete a Student ID Form, which
is valid for one year (www.collegeboard.org/clep). The form must be accompanied by a recognizable photo, with a
school or notary seal overlapping the photo. The form must be signed in front of a school official or notary. If you fail to present appropriate ID, you will not be tested.
- Bring a non-mechanical pencil.
- Scratch paper will be provided by the test center.
- Exam rest breaks are not scheduled.
- Calculators (a calculator function is built into the software for some exams)
- Cell phones, PDAs or wireless communication devices
- Digital watches (wrist or pocket), alarm watches or wristwatch cameras
- Any kind of photographic or copying device
- Listening devices such as radios, media players with headphones or recorders
- Dictionaries, books, pamphlets or reference materials
- Papers of any kind (scratch paper will be provided by the test center administrator)
- Mechanical pencils or any type of pen or highlighter
- Slide rules, protractors, compasses or rulers
- Food, beverages or tobacco products
- Hats (unless worn as a religious requirement)
- Any other unauthorized testing aids
Electronic devices are not allowed in the testing room. If a device is detected, it may be
confiscated, and its contents may be inspected as part of a thorough test security investigation.
If you are found to possess an electronic device during your test, your test session will be ended,
and your test scores will be canceled
DO NOT BRING
Food or Drink
You must wait 6 months to retest on a CLEP exam.
More information available at CLEP-College Level Examination Program Testing
This schedule is subject to change without notice.
For more information, call the Richland College Test Center at 972-238-6160