Computer Literacy Requirement
Enroll in a computer literacy class: ITSC 1401, BCIS 1405, COSC 1301, COSC 1401, or POFI 1301
Receive passing scores on the Computer Skills Placement. If you do not receive passing scores, you will be required to enroll in a computer literacy class as noted above.
Students will be exempt from the computer literacy requirement if they submit official documentation showing at least one of the following:
- Have completed ITSC 1401, BCIS 1405, COSC 1301, COSC 1401, POFI 1301, or equivalent within the last ten years with a grade of C or better.
- Are 65 years of age and older.
- Have completed 12 hours of college level work.
Students will be temporarily waived from taking the Computer Skills Placement if they:
- are seeking career and technical education through an Associate of Applied Sciences degree, a certificate, or credit contract training program. (Must have official degree plan on file.)
- are transient university students.
- are Dual Credit students who have not graduated from high school.
To see sample questions for the Computer Skills Placement, go to the Test Center’s Computer Skills Placement resources page.
Next Step: Final Steps