Employee Development Fund
All full-time employees may apply for Employee Development Funds after they have completed the 90-day probationary period.
Activities Eligible for Funding
- Job-related training (conferences, workshops, seminars, formal training, etc.).
- College courses
How to Apply
Complete the Employee Application Form – DCCCD Foundation Inc. (Must be signed by employee and supervisor) Original applications should be submitted directly to the TOLI Office, preferably in-person (Room H126). Unsigned paperwork will not be considered.
RESTRICTIONS: Applications must be submitted as far in advance as possible but no later than 20 business days prior to the date professional development is scheduled to begin. Each applicant may only apply once per academic year (September through August). Applicants may be awarded up to $300, depending on need and availability of funds.
COMMUNICATIONS: The TOLI Office will notify the employee if their application was approved within 10 working days of receiving the application. If approved, the applicant will need to submit the following with their Professional Leave and Travel (PLT) paperwork, both in advance of and after the activity:
- Copy of the EDF approval letter
- Copy of the signed Employee Application Form – DCCCD Foundation Inc.
It is the employee’s responsibility to submit their original PLT directly to the Richland business office in accordance with established policies and procedures. TOLI will not sign or handle the PLT.
- Each application will be reviewed based on the need and the funds available.
- EDF funding is on a reimbursement basis upon successful completion of the professional development activity.
- For college credit courses, documentation of a grade of C or better is required and should be submitted directly to TOLI via interoffice mail or in person.
- When all required documentation has been provided after the activity, the RLC Business Office will submit to the DCCCD Foundation Accountant for final processing and payment.