TRIO-Student Support Services program: provides a variety of academic support services to program participants to enable them to persist in college and to achieve their educational and career goals. These free services include academic advisement, tutoring, assistance in financial aid application, university field trip, college success workshops and cultural enrichment opportunities.
A student who meets the following criteria is eligible for TRIO—Student Support Services:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be enrolled at Richland College and must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- First generation college student or,
- Meet federal income guidelines or,
- Be physically challenged or learning disabled
Definition of First-generation College Student:
- An individual whose parents have not received a Bachelor’s degree.