Childcare Subsidy Information
Working Wonders offers a small subsidy to qualifying students. Students
receiving the child care subsidy choose for their child/children a licensed
center or home care provider. (Richland does not have an on-site child care
center.) Working Wonders pays a partial subsidy directly to the childcare
provider. The remaining cost is the responsibility of the parent. If you meet the
following criteria please contact us at email@example.com for an appointment.
- Must have completed a recent Working Wonders application/update form
- Must be registered for the current semester (6+ hours)
and physically attend class on campus.
- Major must be in a Technical/Occupational Program offered at
Richland College. Degree plan must be on file or filed with
Working Wonders advisor.
- Must show a financial need (i.e. receiving financial aid)
- Committed to completing the semester for which the subsidy is
- Returning students must show satisfactory academic progress
(GPA 2.0 or higher)
Priority will be given to:
FULL-TIME Technical/Occupational parents in a tech/occ (AAS Degree or Certificate see
- Working Wonders
- Gender Equity
- Technical/Occupational student
**When all else is equal, priority will be based on a first-come, first serve basis.
Subsidy will be a flat amount based on the following:
- Full-time student enrollment, (which would be at least 12 hours)
- Part-time students have a reduced amount for child care subsidy
- Number of Children needing the subsidy
*Subsidy is available for academic related hours only.
**Only those courses related to your degree will be counted
***For those students who enroll in online courses, at least 1/2 of your classes
must be physically attended on campus.