Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM)
Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM) Scholarship Procedures at Richland College for students from Saudi Arabia.
Upon your report to Richland College, you should follow these steps in order to use your SACM scholarship:
Register for ESOL / AECI classes at the Multicultural Center (MC) by the deadline of the session/semester in which you will enroll (ask Multicultural Center Advisors about the deadlines)
- Give Registration Summary and valid (from start to end of the session) letter of financial
guarantee to Clay Stephens or Rosalia Baker at the Business Services window by T- 140
every time you register (including schedule change add/drop) for your future classes.
- If the letter of financial guarantee is not valid, you must pay for classes in full.
- If you register after the deadline, you will be required to pay tuition out of pocket in order to hold the classes, and then submit the Registration Summary (payment receipt) and a valid financial guarantee to the Business Services for a request of tuition reimbursement.
- If you are traveling and will not be able to register in person, please provide a completed and signed Proxy Form to the authorized person (your friend or relative) who can visit the Multicultural Center and register for your classes.* You must provide a copy of your RLC student ID card or photo ID to the authorized person.
- You may obtain the Registration by Proxy Form here.
- Registration Summary and valid letter of financial guarantee must be submitted to:
Clay Stephens or Rosalia Baker at the Business Services before the deadline after each registration
Business Services will teach the student how to set up a Higher One account. This is needed to get money.
Every time you register (including schedule change add/drop) for your classes, you must contact Clay or Rosalia at Business Services FIRST to make sure that your financial guarantee letter is still valid.
The student is fully responsible for tracking/updating the financial guarantee. If you need to renew your financial guarantee, submit "Financial Letter Request" through SACM portal.
It usually takes about 2 weeks to receive the letter.
The Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission will receive information on student’s academic progress (including the transcript) in the American English and Culture Institute (AECI) each semester.
According to FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy) Act of 1974: section 99.31 (a) (4), "an educational agency or institution may disclose personally identifiable information from an educational record of a student without the consent required by section 99.31 if the disclosure is in connection with financial aid for which the student has applied or which the student has received."
This procedure is subject to change. Students must communicate with Clay Stephens or Rosalia Baker at the Business Services every semester to make sure there are no problems with the account.
I understand it is the student’s responsibility to complete this process. The student will be dropped from classes and will lose his/her legal F-1 status at Richland College if not completed correctly.