The curriculum enhances each person’s capacity to respond to life from a position of peace, responsibility and nonviolence. Students enrolled in the Peace Studies curriculum will develop and enhance:
- the capacity to understand the centrality of the conditions which underlie peace: social and economic justice, human rights and freedoms, the right of political participation and decision making, the importance of environmental stewardship, and the respect for cultural and human diversity.
- the capacity to live from the center, from a position of wholeness and positive self worth in order to personally extend qualities of peace to others
- the capacity to think critically in order to make ethical decisions on personal, societal, and global levels
- the capacity to develop inner peace and to develop and sustain healthy human relationships overcoming violence with conflict recognition and resolution
- the capacity to use mediation, conflict recognition and resolution
- the capacity to take personal responsibility and action towards making peace